- About DENTSU INC.
Top Share in Japan, the World's No. 2 Market
DENTSU INC. maintains the top share in the Japanese advertising market, which accounts for 10.5% of the global market. In terms of net sales, Dentsu is the No.1 advertising company in the domestic market.
The reason for Dentsu’s dominance is twofold: The Company has a diverse client portfolio and enjoys solid buying power in all major mass media formats. Dentsu handles the advertising campaigns of many blue-chip companies, and major global clients have chosen the Company to act as a partner in the Japanese market. Such connections underpin a well-balanced client portfolio.
In addition, Dentsu maintains the top share in all mass media formats in Japan, but in television, which carries the largest volume of advertising, the Company’s share far outdistances that of the competition. Furthermore, Dentsu is always ahead of the domestic market with strategic preparations in high-growth media categories, such as the Internet.
- Relative Scale of Advertising Markets,
by Principal Media
- Note: These totals are for major mass media, including television, newspapers,magazines, radio, cinema, outdoor and Internet advertising.
- Source: ZenithOptimedia, Advertising Expenditure Forecasts, June 2012
- Percentage of Net Sales,
by Advertising Expenditures in Japan
- (Percentage of net sales = advertising net sales for each company or group
+ total advertising expenditures in Japan)
- Note 1: HDY refers to the total non-consolidated net sales of Hakuhodo,
Daiko Advertising and Yomiuri Advertising.
- Note 2: The scope of statistics used for compiling net sales may differ from that used in compiling Advertising Expenditures in Japan. Percentage figures indicating component ratio by net sales are for reference only.
- Sources: Current Situation of Japanese Advertising Agencies, Advertising and Economy(Advertising and Economy Research Institute); Advertising Expenditures in Japan (Dentsu Inc.)