Financial Summary for FY2009
and Outlook for FY2010
- The table shows the quarterly consolidated financial results.
- During the first two quarters, year-on-year operating income dropped considerably.
- However, in the third quarter, operating income increased by 9.4% from the previous year.
- In addition, net sales and gross profit turned upward in the fourth quarter. Net sales increased by 1.7% and gross profit increased by 6.9%. Thus, operating income saw a 28.2% increase on a year-on-year basis.
- The operating margin also recovered to 16.1% in the third quarter, and 21.2% in the fourth quarter.
- As the adverting market started to show some signs of recovery, we were able to improve business performance, accelerated in part by the Winter Olympic Games.