Financial Summary for FY2009
and Outlook for FY2010
- I would now like to focus on our consolidated net sales (billings), and take a closer look.
- This graph shows the factors behind the year-on-year change in external net sales-a decrease in sales by the parent company and consolidated subsidiaries, and sales by newly consolidated companies.
- The pink bar shows a decrease of 131.9 billion yen in sales by the parent company.
- The pale green bar represents a decrease of 101.1 billion yen in sales by existing consolidated subsidiaries. Many of our subsidiaries, including ISID (Information Services International-Dentsu, Ltd.) and Dentsu Holdings USA Inc., saw some decrease. Geneon Entertainment Inc., which ceased to be our consolidated subsidiary as of the 3rd quarter of fiscal 2009, was another contributing factor.
- The pale yellow bar shows an increase of 24.5 billion yen from newly consolidated subsidiaries including McGarry Bowen, LLC and Dentsu-Smart LLC.
- All in all, consolidated net sales (billings) fell by 208.5 billion yen.