Financial Summary for FY2009
and Outlook for FY2010
- Let me now move on to consolidated gross profit.
- This graph shows the factors behind the change in gross profit-gross profit decrease of the parent company and consolidated subsidiaries, and gross profit of newly consolidated companies.
- While the net sales of the parent company saw a significant decline, we curtailed the decrease in the consolidated gross profit to a mere 7.2 billion yen by thoroughly reviewing the cost of sales.
- A decrease of 19.2 billion yen came from existing consolidated subsidiaries. Some of our subsidiaries, including ISID (Information Services International-Dentsu, Ltd.) , Dentsu Holdings USA, Inc. and DENTSU TEC Inc., saw some decrease. The net decrease by Geneon Entertainment Inc. also had some impact.
- As shown in pale yellow, newly consolidated subsidiaries, such as McGarry Bowen, LLC, Dentsu Creative X Inc. and Dentsu-Smart LLC, contributed an 8.4 billion yen increase.
- As a result, consolidated gross profit decreased by 17.9 billion yen. The gross profit margin increased by 1.0 percentage point to 17.7%.