Financial Summary for FY2009
and Outlook for FY2010
- The graph on the left shows the breakdown of the gross profit. From bottom up, the categories are personnel expenses, operating expenses, depreciation and amortization and operating income.
- Personnel expenses increased by 1.7 billion yen to 164.6 billion yen, primarily due to the increase in the provision for accrued retirement benefits of the parent company and the personnel expenses of newly consolidated companies.
- Operating expenses were 79.1 billion yen-a 12.7 billion yen decrease from the previous year. This has been achieved mainly by reviewing and implementing various cost-cutting measures at the parent company as well as across Group companies.
- Depreciation and amortization expenses were 15.3 billion yen, down 1.1 billion yen from the previous year, primarily due to the depreciation of the parent company's offices and software.
- Operating income fell 5.8 billion yen year on year, to 37.3 billion yen.
- The graph on the right shows the operating income and the operating margin. The operating margin decreased to 12.6%, while showing some improvement in the second half.