The Dentsu Group's
Future Management Policies
- Let us start with an overview of fiscal 2009.
- Japan's prolonged recession, triggered by the collapse of Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. in 2008, recently started to show some gradual signs of recovery. The advertising market also appears to have bottomed out, with TV spot sales marking positive growth.
- In the 2nd half, the Dentsu Group also witnessed some signs of recovery, particularly with our clients in the general consumer goods sector, such as food and beverages. Better still, we capitalized on various communication opportunities, such as the Vancouver 2010 XXI Winter Olympic Games. At the same time, everyone in the Dentsu Group has been more cost-conscious than ever. All this has allowed us to achieve an increased operating income in the 2nd half.
- That said, the outlook of our business environment still remains severe. Therefore, we will continue to steadily implement the key agenda issues addressed in the Medium-term Management Plan in July 2009.
- I would now like to outline the progress we have made so far in three key domains of our Medium-term Management Plan-namely in the digital, promotions, and global domains.