The Dentsu Group's
Future Management Policies
- In the global domain, we have made progress primarily in two areas-localization and range of services.
- In the first area of progress, locally hired, talented staff members participated proactively in their own markets, and the localization of management was further promoted. This has led to the acquisition of new accounts, including the winning of new global and local accounts as well as the expansion of existing local accounts.
- Specifically, we were able to acquire new brand accounts such as Kraft, Verizon, Pfizer and Dr Pepper in the United States. In recognition of such achievements, McGarryBowen was named Advertising Age's 2009 Agency of the Year, and Dentsu Inc. was named Media Agency of the Year at the 56th International Advertising Festival (Cannes Lions 2009).
- In other parts of the world, the Dentsu Group added new blue-chip clients such as China Life Insurance Company Limited (China) and Aircel Limited (India) to its client list.
- The growing presence of the Dentsu Group is generating a positive growth cycle-e.g. securing excellent human resources, increased opportunities for mergers and acquisitions, and greater attention from clients.
- In terms of performance figures, due in part to our cost control initiatives and ongoing structural reforms, we were able to post an operating income in the 2nd half, despite the severe environment.