Financial Summary for 1H/FY2009
(from April 1 to September 30, 2009)
- I would now like to focus on consolidated net sales (billings), and take a closer look.
- This diagram shows the factors behind the year-on-year change in external net sales (billings.)
- The pink portion shows a decrease of 105.7 billion yen in sales by the parent company.
- The pale green represents a decrease of 60.7 billion yen in sales by existing consolidated subsidiaries. Many of our subsidiaries, including Dentsu Holdings USA Inc., saw some decrease. Geneon Entertainment Inc. (Japan), which ceased to be our consolidated subsidiary as of the 3rd quarter of fiscal year 2009, was another contributing factor.
- The pale yellow shows an increase of 3.6 billion yen from newly consolidated subsidiaries including Dentsu-Smart LLC in Moscow.
- All in all, consolidated net sales (billings) fell by 162.7 billion yen