Financial Summary for 1H/FY2009
(from April 1 to September 30, 2009)
- The diagram on the left shows the breakdown of gross profit. From bottom up, they are personnel expenses, operating expenses, depreciation and amortization, and operating income.
- Personnel expenses decreased by 1.6 billion yen to 80.4 billion yen. On a non-consolidated basis, primarily due to the declining share price-driven increase in the provision for accrued retirement benefits, the net reduction remained at 1.6 billion yen.
- Operating expenses were 39.8 billion yen-an 8.8 billion yen decrease from the previous year. This has been achieved mainly by reviewing and implementing various cost-cutting measures at the parent company as well as across Group companies.
- Operating income fell 10.9 billion yen year on year, to 6.8 billion yen.
- The diagram on the right shows the operating income and the operating margin. The operating margin fell to 5.1%.
- As for SG&A, in order to achieve our medium-term management plan goals, we will continue our corporate infrastructure reform by implementing fundamental cost-cutting efforts at the parent company and expand such efforts into Group companies.