Financial Summary for 1H/FY2009
(from April 1 to September 30, 2009)
- According to the Japan Center for Economic Research, Japan's total advertising expenditure for fiscal 2009 is predicted to decrease by 11.5% from the previous fiscal year, while the total advertising expenditure in the four mass media is also expected to decline. The business climate during the second half of the current fiscal year is expected to continue to be extremely severe.
- As we announced on November 6, 2009, we have amended our initial forecast for financial results as follows.
- Net sales will dip 14.7% to 1,610.6 billion yen-down 1.5% from the initial forecast.
- Operating income will decline 55.1% to 19.4 billion yen-up 22.8% from the initial forecast.
- Ordinary income will drop 48.3% to 27.6 billion yen-up 15.5% from the initial forecast.
- Net income is thus expected to be 16.4 billion yen. This is a 43.9% increase from the initial forecast.
- On the assumption that this economic uncertainty will continue, the Dentsu Group will make utmost efforts to achieve our forecast by continuing stringent cost control and fundamental corporate infrastructure reform.