Financial Summary for 1H/FY2009
(from April 1 to September 30, 2009)
- Finally, I would like to comment on dividend payments.
- For fiscal 2009, as we announced in May, we expect a level of 25 yen per share per annum-12.5 yen for both interim and year-end.
- For several years, we have actively implemented the repurchase of shares to improve capital efficiency. However, given the current severe business environment, we have assigned priority to restoration and improvement of the absolute earnings level over capital reduction.
- We will certainly continue to make utmost efforts with regard to dividend payments. However, should we have surplus funds, I believe that using them to sustain financial security and soundness first, rather than using them to pay dividends in the short term, will surely be in the interests of our shareholders.
- While our basic policy to do our best to maintain positive shareholder returns remains unchanged, we would appreciate your understanding of the difficult situation that we are now facing.
- Thank you very much for your time.