Overview of 1H FY2009 and
Future Management Policies
- Against such a backdrop, we have been steadily doing what we can-namely proceeding with our corporate infrastructure reform.
- In the first half of this fiscal year, we reduced operating expenses by approximately 6.5 billion yen on a non-consolidated basis. Accordingly, the ratio of operating expenses to gross profit in the first half declined from 30% to 27% on a year-on-year basis.
- We will expand such efforts into our Group companies. We plan to establish Group-wide rules concerning operating expenses and to prioritize items that need to be reduced.
- As for the human resources system, we will carry out fundamental reforms without any exceptions.
- To further improve profitability, we have also started to reduce the cost of sales in the creative, marketing, promotions and other non-mass media areas.