Financial Summary for 1H/FY2010
- Non-operating income decreased by 1.7 billion yen to 3.5 billion yen. This was mainly due to the loss in an equity-method affiliate related to the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™ which is included in equity in income of affiliated companies.
- Non-operating expenses increased by 2.8 billion yen to 4.4 billion yen year on year. This was mainly due to increases in foreign exchange losses of 1.4 billion yen and provision of allowance for doubtful accounts of 0.7 billion yen.
- Net non-operating loss was thus 0.9 billion yen, a 4.5 billion yen decrease from the same period of the previous fiscal year.
- Ordinary income was 16.6 billion yen-a 58.8% increase from the same period of the previous fiscal year.
- Extraordinary income was 2.0 billion yen. A 1.3 billion yen gain on sales of investment securities was recorded, mainly due to the sale of shares of Publicis.
- Extraordinary losses amounted to 15.4 billion yen. This included the 8.1 billion yen loss from amortization of goodwill for cyber communications inc. (CCI), the 3.5 billion yen impairment loss (1.7 billion yen for the video-related business of Dentsu Inc. and 1.6 billion yen for the software business of Criteria Communications, Inc.), and 1.6 billion yen of special retirement expenses for companies such as Information Services International-Dentsu, Ltd. (ISID).
- We thus posted a net extraordinary loss of 13.3 billion yen.
- As a result, income before income taxes was 3.2 billion yen and net income was 2.8 billion yen.