Financial Summary for FY2011
and Outlook for FY2012
- The first table shows the consolidated financial results.
- In summary, the Group's consolidated net sales (billings) increased by 3.3% compared with the previous fiscal year, to 1,893.0 billion, gross profit increased by 4.8% to 332.8 billion yen, and gross profit margin was 17.6%, up 0.3 percentage points compared with the previous fiscal year.
- On the other hand, because selling, general and administrative expenses (SG&A) increased by 5.3% compared with the previous fiscal year to 280.8 billion yen, the Group posted operating income of 51.9 billion yen (an increase of 2.0%).
- Extraordinary income grew due to the sale of shares of Publicis Groupe S.A. (Publicis). Specifics concerning extraordinary income (loss) will be described later.
- As a result, the Group posted net income of 29.5 billion yen (an increase of 36.7% compared with the previous fiscal year).