Financial Summary for FY2011
and Outlook for FY2012
- Now, I would like to explain the factors behind the changes in net sales, gross profit, and SG&A, which appear in the consolidated statements of income.
- Concerning the differences in the actual results between the 2010 and 2011 fiscal years, the graph indicates changes in external net sales of the parent company, consolidated subsidiaries, and newly consolidated companies, as well as the main factors for those changes.
- Please take a look at the factors behind the changes in consolidated net sales.
- Net sales of the parent company increased by 5.6 billion yen.
- As for the consolidated subsidiaries, three of Dentsu Inc.'s five regional subsidiaries in Japan saw increases.
With regard to overseas, Dentsu McGarry Bowen as well as Dentsu Innovation Interactive under the umbrella of Dentsu Holdings USA (DHUSA, excluding Firstborn Multimedia), showed strong performance, expanding their dealings with existing and new clients. In addition, Beijing Dentsu Advertising delivered solid results not only from its overseas campaign executions for Japanese clients, but also from those for clients such as China Unicom and Lenovo.
- Newly consolidated companies saw a rise of 5.3 billion yen, due to increases from companies such as the Steak Group and Firstborn.