Financial Summary for 1H/FY2011
- Now, I would like to explain about our consolidated net sales in Japan and overseas.
- The pink bar shows a decrease in net sales while the light blue bars show increases.
- Let us take a look at the net sales in Japan first. Some subsidiaries such as Information Services International-Dentsu (ISID), Dentsu Inc.'s regional subsidiaries in total, and Dentsu Ad-Gear achieved increases in net sales, but could not offset the amount of the parent company's decrease. As a result, total net sales in Japan decreased by 22.8 billion yen.
- With regard to overseas sales, thanks to higher sales at Dentsu Holdings USA (11.6 billion yen, including a fresh contribution of 0.5 billion yen by Firstborn Multimedia), net sales in the Americas and Europe achieved an 11.3 billion yen increase.
- Meanwhile, due primarily to a 2.4 billion yen sales increase at Beijing Dentsu Advertising, net sales in China rose by 2.8 billion yen.
- Combining the increases in these two overseas regions with the 3.6 billion yen growth in sales from other overseas subsidiaries, total overseas net sales grew by 17.7 billion yen.