Financial Summary for 1H/FY2011
- The graph on the left shows the breakdown of the gross profit. From bottom up, the categories are personnel expenses, operating expenses, depreciation and amortization and operating income.
- Personnel expenses increased by 4.2 billion yen from the previous year to 86.5 billion yen, and operating expenses increased by 2.8 billion yen from the previous year to 41.0 billion yen.
- Increases in personnel and operating expenses were mainly due to increases at Dentsu Holdings USA (excluding Firstborn Multimedia), the parent company and newly consolidated companies.
- The increase in expenses at Dentsu Holdings USA (excluding Firstborn Multimedia) was due to a rise in its net sales. The increase at the parent company was mainly due to personnel expenses driven up by an increase both in the number of personnel and in operating expenses as the Company posted provision of allowance for doubtful accounts.
- Operating income decreased by 3.0 billion yen from the same period of the previous fiscal year to 14.5 billion yen.
- The graph on the right shows the operating income and the operating margin. The operating margin was 9.7%.