Overview of 1H FY2012 and
Future Management Policies
- I would now like to refer to our overseas business. While the results of the Dentsu Group's overseas business in the first half were mostly in line with expectations, the operational environment in the second half has so far been tough. Earnings in the China area have been affected by the worsening diplomatic relationship between Japan and China, and the high growth rate that had continued in the North America area is slowing.
However, these circumstances have not changed what we need to do.
- In May, we established Dentsu Mobius in order to secure the presence of the Dentsu Group in the Southeast Asian digital market, which looks set to become one of the highest growth areas in the region.
- In June, we acquired Bos, which covers the French-speaking regions of Canada. We integrated it with Dentsu Canada, which has been developing business in the English-speaking regions, with the aim of expanding business in the whole of Canada as DentsuBos.
- In August, we acquired one of India's leading creative agencies, Taproot. The acquisition is an important step in restructuring the Dentsu India Group.
- Furthermore in October, we invited Dick van Motman, former Greater China CEO of the DDB Group, to become CEO of Dentsu Asia, the headquarters company of the Asia & Oceania region.
- While we will continue to make such steady efforts to strengthen the Dentsu Network, we must also consider promoting integration after the acquisition of Aegis.