Do the right thing at the right time.
- Consumer insights: With Chinese consumers spending more than three hours a day on their phones, it's become increasingly important to find a connected way to capture online consumer attention and create brand experiences together with them.
- Media strategy: We needed to build e-commerce traffic, and then convert this traffic into sales, while precisely targeting consumers to avoid ineffective media spend.
- A new working method: E-commerce and social media changes every second. To keep up with this pace, we needed to develop a new way to work together.
Enter project MARS.
- Mobile: With Chinese consumers spending more than three hours a day on their phones, we invested heavily in mobile, creating the first-ever dedicated SKUs to cater for online shoppers seeking a new kind of experience. From Peach, to lemon or vanilla – Using these dedicated SKUs, fans were able to order new flavours of Coca Cola on Tmall and customize their bottles with stickers
- Analytics: Harnessing EC RTB media tools on China's two biggest E-Commerce platforms – JD and Tmall, we built a logic chain that allowed us to precisely target five unique consumer layers.
Releasing multiple banners during the 11-11 campaign period, we succeeded in reaching each layer with distinct touch points, all the while harnessing data to optimize our performance and strategy.
- Real-time: Coca Cola China and Carat created a WAR-ROOM, a new working method that brands and agency together to track daily sales performance and media results, ensuring that all departments could optimize their strategies in sync.
- Social: Turning to social, we created an array of culturally-connected celebrity content and scaled this with KOLs to show consumers that when Coca Cola is part of your life, you can't beat the feeling.
We made gains off our successful 6.18 campaign, further optimizing our media efficiencies.
- Project MARS's smarter targeting increased click rate by 269%
- We increased our conversion rate 145%
- And increased ROI by 56%
- Becoming the drink of the day and doubling last year's sales on JD, and surpassing them by more than 4 1.5 times on Tmall
Happy Marketer: Single Source of Marketing Truth with TÜV...
TÜV Rheinland is one of the world’s leading testing service providers with more than 20,600 employees worldwide.
Happy Marketer: Future-ready Data-mart with Shopee
Shopee is the leading e-commerce platform in Southeast Asia & Taiwan and aims to equip merchants with innovative marketing and data tools to optimise business performance and serve customers...
Carat: Pandamart, so much more, and more and more
In November 2020, many Malaysians had pandemic fatigue and were looking for ways to escape the boredom of WFH. Countless other grocery delivery services came on the scene. Not yet a household na...
dentsu X: Heroes in the Sky with Disney Marvel Avengers
In 2018, The Avengers: Infinity War promotional campaign saw an iconic Malaysian building transformed into Stark Tower emblazoned with the Avengers logo. It was larger than life and the talk of ...
dentsu X: Malaysia’s First Virtual Street Food Festival w...
At the end of 2020, the third wave of Covid-19 cases surged in Malaysia, resulting in a strict new lockdown. Tiger wanted to bring back the excitement of street food in this ‘new normal’ by usin...
dentsu Webchutney: Voice of Hunger with Swiggy India
Hunger manifests itself in different ways - growling tummies, salivating mouths and people who see food everywhere. That's why, when Instagram launched voice messages, we kinda thought it looked...
dentsu Webchutney: Better Half Recipes with Swiggy India
Indian grocery brands’ competitive moat is distribution. And discounting. Not creative communication. Even the largest players advertise to ‘the woman of the house’. But during the lockdown, men...
dentsu Webchutney: Hagglebot with Flipkart India
India’s festival shopping season is centerstage for Flipkart in generating demand for its marquee online shopping event, The Big Billion Days (equivalent to Single’s Day and Black Friday). It’s ...
dentsu Webchutney: The World’s Most Reported Trailer for ...
Over 73% of domestic abuse cases go unreported in India and we aimed to change that. Thappad wanted to inculcate a habit of reporting domestic abuse – wherever it’s witnessed.
dentsu Webchutney: The 8-Bit Journo with VICE India
While 15 minutes without the internet feels like an eternity, 7 million Kashmiris lived in a blackout for more than 142 days. With the blackout, the people of Jammu & Kashmir found their liv...
dentsumcgarrybowen: Homeless Delivery with Deliveroo
As part of Deliveroo’s mission to bring the world's local restaurants into everyone's home, we saw an opportunity to extend the platform and bring food to the many Australians who don’t have a r...
dentsumcgarrybowen: Care Label with GU
Uniqlo’s sister label, GU, produces affordable and trendy clothes for Mainland Chinese and they wanted to increase brand awareness during Chinese New Year, China's biggest festival. The annual f...
dentsumcgarrybowen: In Love We Trust with Sinyi Realty
Together with dentsumcgarrybowen Taiwan, Sinyi worked to produce “In Love We Trust”, a short film to encourage young Taiwanese to overcome their fear of commitment and to seeking lasting love an...
Taproot dentsu: Facebook
This video is a manifestation of the Facebook More Together campaign for the India’s biggest festival of prosperity – Diwali.
mcgarrybowen: The Fading Font
Creating awareness around the symptoms of Alzheimer’s through a specially designed font that was free for public use.
Driving transactions with Mondelez through a digitalised check-out counter experience.
BWM Dentsu: Project Revoice
Activating silent voices with a program to digitally clone ALS patients’ voices so they can keep communicating as themselves even after they can no longer physically speak.
Generating conversion for GhanaPostGPS through early engagement, awareness and measurable customer actions.
Driving engagement with William Patrick Corgan's new single through a blend of creativity and technology to create a world-first VR experience.
dentsu X: Disney Studios
A social commerce campaign using chatbot technology via Facebook Messenger to reach a wider audience and drive conversions for Disney Studios.