Far from a return - this is a revolution of rising expectations
COVID-19 has clearly been an inflection point, fundamentally reshaping how we live, work and socialize; and leading us to re-evaluate fundamental issues of economic, social and racial equality. Some of the changes wrought will be lasting while others will be temporary.
The Big Reset - the theme for this year's Cannes Lions Festival of Creativity - is apt as both consumers and marketers re-evaluate the role that brands could and should play to drive progress. As bracing as the crisis has been, it is transforming what consumers expect of us as an industry and what we should expect of ourselves as marketers. Marketing as a discipline is being given – and is expected to deliver –against an increasingly broader remit: with brands no longer being mere providers of products and services, but as change agents of our cultural, social and economic context.
We're proud to announce that dentsu Group was awarded a total of 24 Lions and dentsu Americas has a total of 9 wins (1 gold, 3 silver, 5 bronze.)
Cannes Condensed: Crisis Shapes Character and Fuels Creativity
Our thought leaders reflect on the first ever Cannes Lions Festival of Creativity experienced virtually, on how crisis shaped character and fuelled creativity and on the themes that will inform the future of marketing for innovative brands.Download Report
And the winners are...
The OREO Doomsday VaultCategory: Outdoor | Special Build Client: Mondelez Agency: 360i / The Community (dentsu U.S.)
Michelob Ultra CourtsideGold: Media | Use of Events Bronze: Media | Social Behavior Client: AB Inbev Agencies: FCB New York, dentsu New York
NOLA Offline PlaylistSilver: Entertainment | Talent: Live Experience Client: New Orleans Tourism Agency: 360i (dentsu U.S.)
The OREO Doomsday VaultBronze: Direct | Food & Drink Bronze: Social & Influencer | Real-time Response Client: Mondelez Agency: 360i/The Community (dentsu U.S.)
View our on-demand sessions
Cannes Lions Debate
How is our industry tackling climate change? How do we do it faster, together? Wendy Clark, dentsu International CEO, takes the stage with Mark Reed, WPP CEO, and representatives from the United Nations and Unilever to discuss how brands are poised to develop new strategies and campaigns that not only meet the needs of a more conscious consumer, but also enable consumers to embrace lifestyles that will ease the burden on our planet.View Cannes Lions Live Debate
The future of marketing with purpose
The most forward-thinking brands are examining their role in society and culture to drive bigger gains beyond profit. It’s about looking inward, putting your money where your mouth is and taking the lead on causes that may at first seem uncomfortable. Christena Pyle, Chief Equity Officer, dentsu Americas takes the stage with MJ DePalma, Head of Global Multicultural & Inclusive Marketing, Microsoft Advertising to discuss brand purpose in a post-pandemic world.
Meet our global jury members
10 of dentsu's global executives, creatives and strategists have the honor of serving as judges this year. They are excited for this opportunity to review work that has championed meaningful progress over the past two years. Dentsu judges include:
- Titanium: Jacki Kelley, CEO, dentsu Americas
- Creative Data: Kazuhiro Shimura, Creative Director, dentsu Japan
- Creative Data: Jackie Mockridge Mattina, EVP, Consumer Insights & Analysis, 360i
- Creative Strategy: Brian Monahan, Global Client President and Head of U.S. Ventures, dentsu
- Design: Marina Danjo, Creative Director, dentsu Japan
- Direct: Santosh Padhi (Paddy), Chief Creative Officer & Founder, Taproot, dentsu India
- Health & Wellness: Mayuko Kamo, Senior Creative Director, dentsu Japan
- Media: Clay Schouest, Global Head of Communications Planning, Carat
- Radio & Audio Lions Jury President: Merlee Jayme, Global President of dentsu mcgarrybowen
- Sustainable Development Goals: Anna Lungley, Chief Sustainability Officer, dentsu International
- Brand Experience & Activation: Luis Ribo, CEO of Creative, dentsu Mexico.
- Media Young Lions: Juan Pedro Mc Cormack, CEO of Media, dentsu Latin America
Dentsu creatives brought home 29 Lions from the 2019 Cannes Lions Festival of Creativity -with one Grand Prix, two Gold, ten Silver and 16 Bronze Lions
2019 Cannes Condensed
We took the sprawling Festival and condensed it neatly into five key themes. Look back at the conversations that took center stage at Cannes Lions 2019 International Festival of Creativity.Get report