MKTG Named Agency of the Year by Sponsorship Marketing Council of Canada for the Second Consecutive Year
After a benchmark setting year, MKTG Canada, part of the Dentsu Aegis Network, takes home the gold at the 2018 Sponsorship Marketing Awards
March 3, 2018 – Toronto, ON – MKTG Canada (formerly S&E Sponsorship Group Inc.) is thrilled to be recognized as agency of the year for the second consecutive year by the Sponsorship Marketing Council of Canada (SMCC). The MKTG team picked up a gold medal at the 2018 Sponsorship Marketing Awards held in Toronto.
“We’re incredibly proud of what we’ve accomplished over the last year and we’re honoured to be recognized by the SMCC for what we’ve achieved,” said Matthew Logue, President of MKTG Canada. “We’re more driven than ever before to push the boundaries by delivering creative and innovative strategy to our clients and our work in 2017 is a testament to this commitment, having taken part in one of the largest naming rights deals in North America, adding to a growing roster of tier-1 clients and expanding our team.”
“2018 was an exemplary year in demonstrating how we work with brands to help them leverage the power of human connection to drive meaningful business results,” said Brian Cooper, CEO of MKTG Canada. “Being recognized as Agency of the Year by the SMCC is great validation that we’re on the right course to realize our vision of being the leading sponsorship and lifestyle marketing agency in Canada,”
2018 has been a transformative year for MKTG Canada:
- Landmark Deals: Highlights include leading the naming rights negotiation for Scotiabank Arena, a deal that made Sports Business Journal’s list of Transformative Moments in Sponsorship, as well as providing a full suite of services to Sun Life Financial culminating in the first-ever Raptors Jersey Patch sponsorship.
- New Marquee Activations: Developed a new national grassroots program for Sun Life Financial to leverage sponsorships of the Toronto Raptors and the NBA (Sun Life Dunk for Diabetes), launched new programs with adidas Canada (adidas Runners Toronto and Wanderlust) and lead the activation for two new event naming rights activations on behalf of Scotiabank (Scotiabank Centennial Classic and Scotiabank NHL100 Classic).
- New Tier-1 Clients: MKTG Canada added new engagements with more than ten national and global brands to its growing list of tier-1 clients
- Growing Team: To meet the demands of growth while fostering talent from within and remaining focused on attracting the best and brightest talents in the industry, MKTG Canada recognized nearly 25% of its top performers with promotions in 2017 and added three net new roles to the agency.
- Industry Leading Integrated and Customized Service: As part of the Dentsu Aegis Network, the fastest growing media & communications agency network in the world, MKTG draws upon more than 15 network agencies in Canada to build integrated cross-functional teams with deep expertise across all areas of the marketing mix.
MKTG Canada is well positioned for continued growth as they continue to partner with clients to create industry leading campaigns to help redefine and elevate how consumers connect with the brands they love.
About MKTG Canada
MKTG Canada humanizes brands by connecting them to passionate communities through sponsorship and lifestyle marketing. Headquartered out of Toronto, the agency provides national consulting, negotiation, activation and event management services to Tier 1 brands. With 40+ sponsorship specialists on hand the agency negotiates over $350MM in sponsorship contracts per year (based on lifetime value) and activates 140+ event days. The agency was recognized by the Sponsorship Marketing Council of Canada as Agency of the Year in 2017.
About Dentsu Aegis Network Canada
Dentsu Aegis Network Canada Innovates the Way Brands Are Built for clients through best-in-class capabilities in media, digital, data and creative communications services. The network’s focus on the digital economy and the distinctive products and services are delivered through agencies Amnet, Amplifi, Carat, Cardinal Path, DentsuBos, dentsu media, D2D, GRIP, ICUC, iProspect, Isobar, MKTG, The StoryLab, Vizeum and 360i. As one of the top ten global Dentsu Aegis markets, the Canadian team is headquartered in Toronto and serves clients through a national network of offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal, Saint John and Halifax with more than 1,400 dedicated specialists. www.dentsuaegisnetwork.ca
About Sponsorship Marketing Council Canada (SMCC):
The Sponsorship Marketing Council Canada (SMCC) was created in 2004 to drive advancements in the field of sponsorship marketing. The SMCC mission is to help brands, agencies and properties unleash the power of sponsorship marketing through education on best practices, networking and celebrating experience.
For further information contact:
Dentsu Aegis Network