dentsu Rise Up Creative Competition 2022: Terms and Conditions
1. Dentsu UK Limited of 10 Triton Street, London, NW1 3BF (“we”, “us”, “our”, “Promoter”) is offering you the opportunity to enter the Rise Up Creative Competition (“Competition”).
2. The Competition is only open to residents in the UK aged between 15-24 at the time of entry.
3. If you are under the age of 18, you must obtain written parental or guardian consent to enter and claim your prize. We may ask the winner(s) to provide proof of age, right to work in the UK, as well as successfully undergo background checks prior to undertaking work experience.
4. The Competition is not open to:
a. employees of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies;
b. employees of agents or suppliers of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies, who are professionally connected with the Competition or its administration; or
c. members of the immediate families or households of (a) and (b) above.
5. The Competition will run from 09:00 GMT on 9 October 2022 to 18:00 GMT on 5 November 2022 inclusive.
6. To enter the Competition you must:
a. Follow Dentsu UK&I’s TikTok account @dentsuuk and ensure that your TikTok profile is set to public
b. Create a TikTok and upload this to your personal TikTok account, tagging @dentsuuk and with the hashtags #dentsuriseup
7. All Competition entries must be uploaded to a public TikTok profile by no later than 18:00 GMT on 6 November 2022 (“Closing Date”). All Competition entries uploaded after the Closing Date are automatically disqualified.
8. There is a limit of one entry to the Competition per person. Entries on behalf of another period will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
9. No purchase necessary, however you will be responsible for the cost (if any) of submitting the entry to us.
10. The Promoter will not accept:
a. responsibility for Competition entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any postal failure, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or
b. proof of posting or transmission as proof of receipt of entry to the Competition.
11. By submitting your Competition entry, you:
a. agree to be bound by these terms and conditions;
b. confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the prize;
c. confirm that your Competition entry meets the criteria set out in these terms and conditions;
d. promise that your Competition entry is original and has not been copied from any other work or material;
e. confirm that you are the author of your Competition entry and you have all permissions to publish it and licence it to use in accordance with paragraph 32; and
f. expressly agree to licence and waiver at paragraphs 32 and 33 which will allow us to use your Competition entry to create a compilation video and to use it for promotional purposes.
12. Your Competition entry MUST NOT:
a. include anything or anyone within it that requires permission from anyone else for it
to be used in the Competition;
b. be recorded in a background setting that includes branded or copyrighted material;
c. include parts that are copied or otherwise infringe any third party’s intellectual
d. include any copyrighted music or sounds;
e. include any offensive or inappropriate content including (but not limited to) obscene, indecent or pornographic content, content liable to incite racial hatred or acts of terrorism, violent content, excessive profanity, content that is harmful to minors in any way, derogatory comments or anything objectionable; or
f. contain anything that is otherwise harmful, unlawful or immoral. If we suspect that any entry submitted as an entry to the Competition breaches any of the provisions of paragraph 12, the entry will be discarded and the disqualified at our discretion.
13. The Promoter will not accept Competition entries that are:
a. automatically generated by computer;
b. completed by third parties or in bulk;
c. illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with;
d. photocopies and not originals; or
14. Within 3 days of the Closing Date, a panel of judges (including at least one independent member) will select and shortlist the top 10 entries from all valid Competition entries correctly submitted in accordance with these terms and conditions and received by the Closing Date based on the criteria set out in paragraph 18 (the “Shortlisted Entries”).
15. The Shortlisted Entries will then be judged by a panel of judges (including at least one independent member). Three winning entries will be selected from the Shortlisted Entries by the judging panel and will be determined based on the highest score by the judging panel, based on a 1-5 rating scale for each of the criteria listed in paragraph 18. The highest scoring winning entry will receive the Gold prize, the second hiring scoring winning entry will receive the Silver prize and the third highest scoring winning entry will receive the Bronze prize (each prize as set out in paragraph 19).
16. In the event of a tie break, the three winning entries will be judged by a secondary judging panel (including at least one independent member) in order to determine the highest scoring entry(ies).
17. We will send full names of the judges upon receipt of a request. The decision of the panel of judges will be final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
18. The judging panel will be looking for entries that:
a. Answer the brief.
b. Are innovative and benefit society.
c. Are well presented and memorable.
19. The prizes are as follows:
a. GOLD: 1 day of work experience at Dentsu (transport and lunch included) + 1 Year Spotify Subscription
b. SILVER: 1 Lunch with a Leader at dentsu (transport and lunch included)*. *to nearest dentsu office, e.g. winner based near Manchester: lunch and transport to Manchester; winner near Edinburgh: lunch and transport to Edinburgh. Idem for London, Leeds, Newcastle, Stafford.
c. BRONZE: 1 Mentoring Session + 1 Creative Portfolio Review. i. To take place online unless otherwise agreed by dentsu
20. The work experience will be provided by Dentsu at 10 Triton Street, NW1 3BF or an alternative dentsu office if mutually agreed as more convenient for the winner, if due to social distancing or government guidelines, physical work experience is not possible, online work experience or a suitable alternative as agreed by us will be offered.
21. We will notify the winner(s) within 7 – 14 days of the Closing Date, by way of a direct message on TikTok, providing details of how to claim the prize and requesting proof of age, proof of UK residency and, for entrants under 18, for a parental or guardian consent form to be completed and any other information considered necessary for the purpose of verifying an entrant’s compliance with these terms and conditions.
22. The Promoter will make all reasonable efforts to contact the winner(s). If a winner cannot be contacted the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next highest ranked eligible entrant selected from the valid entries that were received before the Closing Date.
23. The winner(s) will have 14 days from the date of being notified to accept their prize and to verify their eligibility by providing the information requested under paragraph 21.
24. If a winner does not respond to us within 14 days providing the required information, then the winner shall forfeit their prize and we shall be entitled to award the prize to the next highest ranked eligible entrant selected from the valid entries that were received before the Closing Date.
25. All prizes are subject to availability. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of equal or greater value. The prize is not negotiable or transferable.
26. Unless otherwise stated, the prize does not include personal expenses. Any costs incurred in that are incidental to the fulfilment of the prize are the responsibility of the winner(s).
27. The Promoter must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation the Promoter will make available the winner(s) surname and county (or city) and the winning entry upon receipt of a written request.
28. If you object to any or all of your name and winning entry being published or made available, please contact us at SocialImpactUKI@dentsu.com. In such circumstances, the Promoter must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
29. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility if you are not able to take up the prize.
30. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner(s) or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected. Nothing in these terms or conditions shall exclude our liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
31. All Competition entries and any accompanying material submitted to the Promoter will become the property of the Promoter on receipt and will not be returned.
32. By submitting your Competition entry and any accompanying material, you agree to:
a. grant to us a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable and royalty-free worldwide licence to use, edit, copy, modify or otherwise use or exploit your Competition entry and any accompanying materials including, but not limited to, for the purposes set out in paragraph 33; and
b. waive all moral rights (including the right to be credited when the entry is used), in and to your Competition entry and otherwise arising in connection with your Competition entry to which you may now or at any time in the future be entitled under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988.
33. How will we use your Competition entry? You agree that we may, but are not required to, use your Competition entry to, without prejudice to any of our other rights:
a. create a compilations video which may include your Competition entry;
b. use your Competition entry for PR and marketing purposes, and;
c. make your Competition entry or compilations video available on our website, social media and any other internal or public media in connection with our promotions.
34. Your personal data will be processed as set out in these terms and conditions and our privacy notice.
35. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms, we may at our sole discretion exclude you from participating in the Competition.
36. We reserve the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prize Competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
37. We shall not be liable for any failure to comply with our obligations relating to the Competition where the failure is caused by something outside of our reasonable control including, but not limited to, weather conditions, mechanical issues, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
38. The Competition and these terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
39. If you have any questions please contact the Dentsu Social Impact Team via email on SocialImpactUKI@dentsu.com.